Senior Engineer, Repair DesignBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01284813 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:61 Seletar Aerospace View, Singapore
The engineer is responsible for the development of repairs for commercial gas turbine engine parts, and including development of the repair concept, writing of the repair, obtaining internal approvals, obtaining FAA regulatory approval, and coordination with the end user.
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, their interactions with mating parts, and develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- Establish repair design requirements are compliant to airworthiness standards and ensure repairs are safe, durable, properly substantiated meeting the quality requirements of the component; Perform simple structural analysis, as required.
- On-site repair/limit implementation team with direct link to GSE and the Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) responsible for the life-cycle of their modules.
- Interface with programs to secure priorities and understand programmatic issues.
- Support the customers in the resolution of field supportability issue with timely hardware disposition in support of shop turnaround time and cost.
- Help trend hardware distress locally to identify needed limits/repairs and input to spare provisioning based on observed distress trending.
- Proactive input to funding waterline for improvement tasks/technical data to support aftermarket business objectives.
- Continue to develop an improved personal understanding of the technologies, engine systems, business systems, regulations and business needs of the company and customers.
- Foster an environment of creative technical ownership within the collaborative community of the ELMT Team.
- Any other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, ELMT Asia Pacific, Global Services Engineering.
- Occasional travel will be required to Asia and US Maintenance/Repair Centers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with minimum 6 years’ working experience in Aftermarket and/or similar MRO businesses, and strong technical knowledge of commercial gas turbine engines
- Demonstrated business judgment, communication / presentation, results driven, adaptability in a fast paced environment
- Confident / demonstrated communication skills including executive level written and oral presentation proficiency
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management processes, tools, and techniques, including knowledge and application of ACE and/or similar continuous improvement operating systems
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.