MachinistBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339866 Date posted 08/14/2019 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:51 Calshot Road, Singapore
- Repair/ overhaul aero-engine components by benching, blasting, brazing, blending, polishing, welding, machining or using other required mechanical skills
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to form a variety of simple, manual tasks that form part of a production process, manufacture products according to production specifications and schedules, volume, cost, and wastage targets, and quality standards
- Support and participate in the EH&S programs and activities within the company
- To report on all incidents (injuries, illnesses, near misses, spills etc.), hazardous conditions, and emergencies to his/her supervisor
- Responsible for performing an assessment of risk of his/her activities, taking corrective and preventive actions
- To comply with EH&S regulations/policies/programs/rules and use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- To participate in audits and inspections as and when required
- Attend EH&S training programs and takes personal responsibility for safety
- Member of the EH&S committee
- To provide a quality product that satisfies our customers’ needs and expectations the first time, every time!
- Emphasizing a total quality management process which provides accuracy, and strict compliance with agency regulations and customer requirements, giving the highest degree of confidence; understanding that meeting the requirements of the next employee in the work flow process is just as important as meeting the needs of external customer.
- Improving the systems of production to generate continuing quality and productivity improvements with full accountability and responsibility.
- Perform responsibilities in compliance with the UTC Code of Ethics.
- Support the Continuous Improvement programs and ACE activities within the company
- NITEC or Diploma in Precision/Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Technology
- Ability to read and understand English
- Machinist: Conventional Machining and/ or CNC programming
- Min 2 years’ experience in similar capacity in Machining
- Required to work on rotating shifts
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms