Legal ManagerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339927 Date posted 08/14/2019 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:61 Seletar Aerospace View, Singapore
We are seeking a highly motivated, legal professional who has a true desire to work in a dynamic aviation environment. In this role, you will report to Associate Director & Counsel, responsible for full spectrum of legal and compliance.
- Drafting and reviewing of legal documentation and routine contracts pertaining to Pratt & Whitney’s business in the APAC region
- Work with Pratt & Whitney attorneys and other functional groups to identify and manage legal issues across the APAC business units and devise strategic solutions
- Advising on compliance with internal policies and risk management
- Ensure full compliance with changes in local laws and regulations
- Consult with PW attorneys to address legal and regulatory compliance issues and assist with preparation and review of disclosures and/or corrective actions
- Assist and actively participate in projects that the business may be involved in from time to time, including but not limited to corporate restructuring, acquisitions and divestitures
- Actively lead and support legal projects, including contract management and contract approval systems and precedent database;
- Preparing for and delivering legal training and workshops to the APAC business units;
- Instructing and managing external counsel, where necessary
- Keep abreast of privacy laws and regulations and actively participate in the APAC privacy council
- Support and when necessary, co-lead international trade compliance (“ITC”) programs and initiatives in the APAC region
- Provide guidance on ITC issues, specifically interpretation and execution of ITC regulations and standard work.
- Assist or when necessary, lead investigations into ITC escapes and non-compliances to determine root cause, identifying robust corrective actions and tracking effectiveness
- Provide ad-hoc contracts management support and any other task as may be assigned
- More than 5 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 2 years spent in-house
- A fully qualified lawyer who has passed professional qualification, preferably from a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Good drafting skills and a thorough understanding of commercially related legal principles and concepts
- Possesses good commercial negotiation skills
- An analytical mind able to “see” the legal complexities of the business and has a sound understanding of business risks and is able to balance these with commercial demands and strategic decisions
- Mature, with good business acumen and positioned to make independent judgments
- Self-motivated, responsible and focused on meeting timelines
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with business partners at all levels through the organization.
- Creative when it comes to problem solving, and not afraid to invent new solutions to improve current processes
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms