Buyer (6 months)Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01350985 Date posted 09/06/2019 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:5 Tuas Drive 2, Singapore
- Drive UTC, P&W and local authority’s EH&S-related compliance through management of e
- Purchase Company’s requirements for materials, components, products, equipment, consumables and services
- Comply to Corporate purchasing policies and regulations so as to plan and purchase the required materials/services in strict compliance to them at the most competitive prices from reliable sources, without compromising on quality and delivery.
- Discuss and plan with Business Units / other department on actual and forecast purchases
- Sourcing for vendors based on delivery, price and quality requirements
- Ensure purchasing functions are effectively carried out utilising the SAP system
- Resolve receiving and quality issues such as defective materials, damaged goods and other claims resulting from purchased goods or services.
- Communicate regularly and pro-actively with vendors on expected changes to order or requirement trend.
- Work pro-actively on cost-reduction exercise with vendors.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to EH&S by meeting all EH&S legislation and regulations and driving EH&S compliance and surfacing/ correcting every unsafe situation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of EH&S management systems throughout the Operation and to integrate EH&S into the individual business process.
- Perform responsibilities in compliance with UTC Code of Ethics at all times.
- Apply ACE tools in day-to-day operations and participate in ACE activities.
- Minimum Diploma/ Degree in Material Management/ Business Management/ Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Good supplier management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Able to communicate well with all stakeholders internally and externally
- Able to use Microsoft Word application
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms