Sr. Quality EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01274399 Date posted 01/07/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Operations, Supply Chain and EH&S:
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Assure compliance with the quality management system, policies and procedures.
- Provide support to manufacturing operations and assure compliance with product specifications and regulatory standards.
- Provide liaison with other departments such as operations, engineering and with customer representatives in problem solving analysis involving product quality.
- Establish a mechanism to evaluate and measure quality, product materials discrepancies and investigate and report non-conformances.
- Support and participate in internal/external auditing activities.
- Provide guidance to the inspectors on the workmanship standards.
- Prepare and implement quality programs associated with contract requirements or as directed by management.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience required (Mechanical or Electrical engineering preferred)
- Master's degree with 2+ years of experience preferred
- 4 or more years of experience in quality roles and manufacturing environment
- 4 or more years of experience dealing with external customer; strong customer focus skills
- Oriented and experience in a team environment
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/AS9100 preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in auditing preferred
- Member of CIAPR preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.