Specialist SchedulingBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01384656 Date posted 01/22/2020 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for a seasoned professional in Scheduling who works independently, functions as a focal point for issues, implements solutions, makes allocation decisions and monitors delivery.
• Recommends and implements solutions to mitigate delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates to improve performance.
• Monitors delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite the flow of materials and meet production schedules.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure the efficiency and productivity on site in order to meet delivery schedules and avoid delays.
• Determines allocation and makes priority decisions on critical hardware to ensure smooth operations.
• Functions as the focal point for resolution of materials/logistics issues to ensure efficient and effective resolutions are reached.
• Applies knowledge of ACE/lean principles to establish world class materials flow/synchronization within the value stream.
• Plans and prepares manufacturing production schedules, assesses changes and improves processes as necessary.
• Tracks status of material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, and materials are available as needed.
• Prepares reports on works in progress.
• Coordinates material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials are timed to meet production requirements.
• Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, and other groups.
• Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
• Review and maintain master production schedule (MPS).
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms