Specialist, ProcurementBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01342330 Date posted 08/07/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for an Experienced Procurement professional. Executes processes, standards, and operational plans in support of Procurement goals, including RFPs, negotiations, cost accountability, and/or program execution. Authorizes purchase orders, approve payments, and responds to client issues to ensure the procurement process goes smoothly.
- Validate purchasing requirements
- Issue purchasing orders
- Resolve Invoice discrepancies• Executes processes, standards, and operational plans in support of Procurement goals, including RFPs, negotiations, cost accountability, and / or program execution.
- Approves and qualifies vendors to fulfill account needs.
- Responds to client issues or problems.
- Authorizes purchase orders and approves payments to ensure the procurement process goes smoothly.
- Analyzes and reviews price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to provide input on reasonable prices.
- Prepares and reviews request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
- Analyzes and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific supplier within a commodity.
- Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the client account or the product family.
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
- May perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
- Evaluate and analyze supplier quotations and services to determine most desirable supplier.
- Create and present metrics and supporting reports to suppliers, peers, and managers.
- Interface with Engineering in support of design changes, new product introduction, make or buy decisions and participate in the development of specific commodity strategy roadmap, problem resolution and process improvement.
- Participate in the selection of suppliers and contract development activities.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Support pre-production purchasing activities and facilitate the transition of commodity purchasing from development group to production group.
- Train and mentor the Sr. Associate
- Handle complex and complicated commodities
- Adhere to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experience must be in a manufacturing environment working with direct production materials
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, blueprints or drawings
- Aerospace supply chain experience
- Familiar with ISO standard and requirements.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization as a prime contact on projects and gain cooperation of others
- Familiar with ISO standard and requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with all levels of customers and company personnel
- Excellent written and verbal skills (English & Spanish)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong problem solving skills
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and five years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and three years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms