Specialist, Data Science & AnalyticsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01333404 Date posted 07/10/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide. Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and block chain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Role Overview :
Leads the design and support of enterprise-wide business intelligence applications and architecture. Develops standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of business intelligence tools and systems. Develop models and algorithms that drive productivity, increase growth and/or optimize business processes. Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, measure performance and visualize disparate sources of data. Build scripts to automate, clean, transform, cross-reference and merge large sources of data. Creates testing methodologies and criteria. Researches new technologies and develops business cases to support their use. Identifies data trends, generates insights and comes to business conclusions. Supports strategic decision making across of the organization.
This candidate will be responsible for one or more of the IT structures / systems / processes such as networking, e-mail, intranet, telecommunication services, CRM, ERP or business process automation. Provides guidance for planning, purchasing, processing and ultimate use of these IT structures / systems / processes within the company. May be responsible for work scheduling, routing and control of all computer input and output.
• Oversees the completion of highly complex activities focused on ensuring the safety and preventing the destruction of and unauthorized access to organization information systems.
• Oversees the research and evaluation of new IT security tools, techniques, and technologies and presents recommendation to organization leaders and executives focused on enhancements to IT security systems.
• Educates top leaders and executives on IT security priorities and issues and new methods to train users and promote security awareness.
• Ensures preparation of security reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Oversees the presentation of reports to top leaders and executives that document the findings from IT risk assessments and security briefings, along with the critical issues that may affect the IT security of the organization.
• Implements policies, procedures and plans related to risk management initiatives, system testing, and information systems contingency and disaster recovery guidelines. Leads the design and support of enterprise-wide business intelligence applications and architecture.
• Develops standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of business intelligence tools and systems.
• Develop models and algorithms that drive productivity, increase growth and/or optimize business processes.
• Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, measure performance and visualize disparate sources of data.
• Build scripts to automate, clean, transform, cross-reference and merge large sources of data.
• Creates testing methodologies and criteria.
• Researches new technologies and develops business cases to support their use.
• Identifies data trends, generates insights and comes to business conclusions.
• Supports strategic decision making across of the organization.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and minimum of three years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, minimum of 9 years of relevant experience is required.
Organization Level Description
• Seasoned professional contributor.
• May manage small projects or processes.
• Has advanced knowledge of work area.
• Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
• Works autonomously with limited oversight from manager.
• Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
• Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms