Scheduling SpecialistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01291738 Date posted 02/01/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for a seasoned professional in Scheduling who works independently, functions as a focal point for issues, implements solutions, makes allocation decisions and monitors delivery.
- Recommends and implements solutions to mitigate delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates to improve performance.
- Monitors delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite the flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure the efficiency and productivity on site in order to meet delivery schedules and avoid delays.
- Determines allocation and makes priority decisions on critical hardware to ensure smooth operations.
- Functions as the focal point for resolution of materials/logistics issues to ensure efficient and effective resolutions are reached.
- Applies knowledge of ACE/lean principles to establish world class materials flow/synchronization within the value stream.
- Plans and prepares manufacturing production schedules, assesses changes and improves processes as necessary.
- Tracks status of material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, and materials are avaialble as needed.
- Prepares reports on works in progress.
- Coordinates material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials are timed to meet production requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, and other groups.
- Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- Review and maintain master production schedule (MPS).
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of production planning or material planning experience or an Advanced degree and three years of production planning or material planning experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.