Quality Assurance Engineer SMT 2nd shiftBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01269770 Date posted 01/08/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our customers are at the core of our business. And meeting each of their unique needs is the key to our success. The Customer & Account Management organization plays a critical role at Collins Aerospace both internally and externally. We provide executive-level support to major original equipment manufacturers and defense customers and support our Strategic Business Units (SBUs) by augmenting key relationships and maintaining an excellent customer experience. Internally, we develop and support our SBUs by strategically planning and capturing future growth opportunities while ensuring customer satisfaction. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a vision that helps our customers redefine the aerospace industry, then consider landing here!
- Create and support the development of operational specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment such as automatic pick and place, surface mount, stencil and screen printing, solder reflow, and other microelectronic equipment into manufacturing process, including programming and equipment support.
- Support the development of programs for automated SMT placement machines.
- Selects or designs tools and fixtures to meet specifications for the use in microelectronic processing equipment.
- Writes operating instructions and work instructions from existing documentation program, and prepares for implementation of a new documentation program.
- Oversees installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Demonstrates methods and trains workers in sequence of processing tasks and operations and process control of machines and equipment.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Confers with engineering and production personnel to implement operating procedures and resolve system or process discrepancies.
- Analyzes AOI, SPI and DPMO data to resolves production problems, or assists team members in solving production problems related to the processing of microelectronic circuits.
- Implement SPC data and monitor progress.
- Define and work with SMT Engineers on Process Controls, KPI's and DPMO.
- Develop training modules and certifications of QA Touch Up inspectors.
- Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting the quality level of products
- Supports, maintains, and generates periodic qualification reports
- Monitor scrap, rework, and other metrics as needed
- Responsible for ensuring continuous improvements in product quality, customer and supplier scorecards, and supplier quality
- Uses LEAN manufacturing philosophies to achieve success in these areas.
- Manage event events escapes (internal and external) investigations and develop & implement corrective actions.
- Define and implement containment actions to prevent escapes from the manufacturing areas.
- Works 2nd shift (M-F)2PM till 11PM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical) Software or Computer Science Engineering required
- 2 + years’ experience in SMT programming and maintenance or related field.
- ASQ CQE Certified
- Experience with BOM, Component Packages/Shapes and IPC standards is preferred
- Experience with SPC data and Automated Inspection.
- Experience with Automatic Pick and Place, Surface Mount, Stencil & Screen Printing and Solder Reflow
- Experience with MS SQL Server, including SSRS a plus Experience with .NET development (C# preferred) Experience with Statistical Techniques and SPC
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.