Product Line ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01356863 Date posted 09/27/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The Product Line Manager is in charge of a team of intermediate or experienced professionals in Manufacturing Operations. Establishes objectives and guidelines for managing and monitoring cell performance and productivity. Directs scheduling and sequencing of work, as well as production innovation to optimize production.
- Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
- Oversee production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
- Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
- Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines. Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
- Manages a team of primarily intermediate or experienced professionals, with freedom to determine how assignments are completed (e.g., objectives and approaches to completing work).
- Sets objectives and guides others on execution/approach for achievement of operational results.
- Problems faced are difficult and involve consideration of multiple variables.
- Explains policies, practices, and procedures and may influence others.
- Manages and monitor completion of quality related items for the unit and/or shifts to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Directs cost reduction and process improvement to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Directs scheduling to meet production schedules.
- Sets the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, to optimize productivity. Leads materials and logistics problem resolution to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Manages multiple cells' performance and productivity to maximize productivity.
- Directs production innovation, including additive manufacturing, to enhance production capabilities.
- Liaises with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services.
- Oversee process improvements and execution of company plans.
- Ensure optimum workforce levels and balancing to support capacity/SIOP plan.
- Regularly communicate with leadership on program performance and risks.
- Utilizes Program Management fundamentals and tools, Policy Deployment Performance Reviews, and driving metrics to plan and manage program actions and performance.
- Identifies, coordinates, assists, and monitors Continuous Improvement initiatives within Operations, Engineering, and Supply Chain.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to develop improvement plans and drive actions in support of customer satisfaction objectives
- Responsible for the overall safety of the business unit. Informs assigned associates of production and/or material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve operational problems affecting schedules.
- Establishes and enforces safety policies and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment
- Coordinates production activities with other functions such as materials, marketing, new product development, customer service, manufacturing engineering, quality inspection, among others
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university OR an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, including Circuit Boards, SMT
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
- Direct experience in implementing and driving lean manufacturing principles through an organization.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM) structure
- Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders; Ability to build strong relationships.
- Preferred candidate would have experience in a highly regulated industry, especially aerospace
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms