Procurement Documentation SpecialistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01328126 Date posted 07/30/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for an Established Procurement professional. Carries out Procurement processes, standards, and operational plans, including RFPs, negotiation preparations, and cost analysis. Responds to client inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction. Establish the process to manage Collins Aerospace documentation, act as a resource relative to the content of Collins Aerospace documentation, and ensure compliance to laws and regulations through the promulgation of appropriate documentation to ensure consistent, effective implementation of Company processes. Create, analyze, review, and implement Collins Aerospace-level, business- unit level, and functional-level Company documentation throughout the enterprise.
• Carries out Procurement processes, standards, and operational plans, including RFPs, negotiation preparations, and cost analysis.
• Responds to client inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Carries out activities associated with purchasing goods, materials, supplies, and services to ensure terms are in the organization’s best interest.
• Prepares purchase orders, approves payments, and negotiates prices to ensure the procurement process goes smoothly, under general guidance.
• Compiles price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to provide input on reasonable prices.
• Prepares request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages to take on new accounts.
• Monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
• Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries to ensure resolution of problems such as shortages and missed or late deliveries.
• Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific supplier within a commodity.
• Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the client account or the product family.
• Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
• Perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
- Works independently and applies advanced procurement concepts and principles to work assignments
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established policies and procedures
- May act as a lead and train new incumbents
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Networks with internal and external personnel to achieve optimal solutions
- Collaborates with Procurement Agents to document purchases per the applicable policies and the Procurement Documentation Tool
- Assists or leads the preparation and execution of procurements in support of US Government contracts IAW federal regulation and corporate policy and in partnership with internal compliance audit focals
- Interfaces with other organizations as required to obtain information on parts and/or materials
- Compiles information from internal tools, internet sources and other sources to obtain information pertinent to the procurement
- May be involved in procurements requiring Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA)/Cost Accounting System (CAS)
- Demonstrates proficiency, accuracy and consistency if preparing documentation at or above micro-purchasing level
- Maintains 100% performance in US Government documentation as measured by internal audit and external agency audit
- May participate in appropriate professional organizations to stay abreast of regulatory changes and best in class techniques and approaches to implement
- Successfully complete required internal coursework and external training and/or certification
Fully Bilingual English/ Spanish - Written and Oral
Microsoft Suite - Word and Excel and SAP platform Proficiency
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree or three years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, seven years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms