Materials Manager (Non Product)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01343302 Date posted 08/13/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position leads team of intermediate to experienced Procurement professionals, setting objectives and guiding others on RFPs, negotiation strategy, cost accountability, and/or program execution. Reviews prices, manufacturing processes, and contracts and makes recommendations for changes to ensure a successful procurement process.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Manage the company’s day-to-day non product purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards.
- Assist in developing more effective invoicing processes.
- Evaluate and enhance our operations in local spend while researching and prospecting developments in global spend
- Delegate tasks and supervise the work of purchasing and procurement agents
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Coordinate deliveries
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- Serve as the organization’s representative for the finance department on procurement issues and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate new policies, procedures and standard work regarding procurement processes.
- Prepare program guidelines, status reports and presentations for Finance and executive staff.
- Process account applications and maintenance actions, and maintain accounts database.
- Monitor approval of accounts to maintain an appropriate degree of control over vendor relationships.
- Coordinate daily duties of procurement support staff.
- Re-negotiating vendor contracts to favor the company.
- Provide management support for facilities.
- Participate on global teams to provide procedural consistency and exchange best practices.
- Develop strong, functional relationships with key suppliers.
- Perform annual analyses to evaluate overall cost savings after implementation of new strategies.
- Write complex documents such as Letters of Authorization (LOA) and Statements of Work (SOW).
- Follow industry professionals and organizations to maintain an awareness of best practices.
- Ensure that all practices are consistent with industry guidelines and regulations.
- Identify and deliver cost reductions across multiple product or commodity categories.
- Develop and lead sourcing plans including how we’ll approach the market, who we will partner with, our negotiations strategy, and our operation execution plans.
- Use world-class supplier management methodologies to continually improve operational results from suppliers through fulfillment centers.
- Improve procurement measurement systems through data & analysis that will generate positive results.
- Build and continually develop strong relationships with internal key stakeholders within the organization as well as external supplier partners.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or Accounting (MBA preferred)
- At least 5 years proved management experience supervising exempts personnel.
- SAP software experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
- Strong record of the ability to handle contracts in manufacturing.
- Proficiency in applicable sourcing and vendor management software.
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Spanish.
- APICS or other related certification in Production and Inventory Management preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge in Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- • Oriented and experienced in a team environment.
- • Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish.
- • Proficiency using computer & manufacturing programs (Microsoft Suite).
- • Knowledge of ISO 9001 regulations preferred.
- • Knowledge of IPC Standards preferred.
- • Due to iTAR regulations candidates must be an US Citizen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms