Material, Planning & SIOP SpecialistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01343437 Date posted 08/13/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for an Experienced Delivery Assurance professional. Manages tracking and shipping processes. Responsible for implementing solutions and process improvements for shipment and supplier issues to ensure on-time delivery.
- Develops strategies for materials planning and SIOP.
- Responsible for the development of standardized processes within materials planning and SIOP in order to optimize the utilization of business resources and meet customer expectations for delivery.
- Responsible for the development of indicators that enable visibility to short and long-term market trends and demand. Identifies appropriate demand streams and establishes data relationship linkages.
- Works with product development leaders and sales and marketing teams to develop demand forecasts.
- Responsible for planning capacity and fulfillment demand with plant manufacturing operations.
- Works with manufacturing team and develops monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters.
- Identifies and develops new technologies to improve materials planning and SIOP capability, sustainability, and reliability.
- Responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the development of processes and plans to improve supply capabilities. Establishes clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP.
- • Manages delivery assurance processes and / or works to achieve day-to-day delivery assurance objectives.
- • Implements solutions to issues such as the coordination of shipments, sub-process suppliers and technical assistance to ensure on-time delivery, and to identify root causes that impacts on-time delivery.
- • Implements process improvements and deploys delivery assurance system to ensure early identification of shortages.
- • Collaborates with other departments as necessary with regard to meeting customer requirements, minimizing negative impacts on a business in the case of shortages.
- • Ensures timely delivery of all materials required for the production of assigned complex components.
- • Monitors the transportation and delivery of products.
- • Tracks and manages Supplier work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
- • May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
- • Monitors tracking and shipping.
- • Performs escalated expediting when required.
- • May be a part of the procurement, command center or regional office organizations.
Bachelor's Industrial Engineering or Computer Science
Fully Bilingual English/ Spanish
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and SAP
Exceptional Data Analysis and Statistics skills
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms