Material, Planning & SIOP SpecialistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01288891 Date posted 01/22/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for an experienced Materials Planning and SIOP professional who is responsible for the supply and demand planning process, and for making moderate improvements to systems and processes to enhance performance of work area and team. Works with internal team to develop financial forecasts.
- Develops strategies for materials planning and SIOP.
- Responsible for the development of standardized processes within materials planning and SIOP in order to optimize the utilization of business resources and meet customer expectations for delivery.
- Responsible for the development of indicators that enable visibility to short and long-term market trends and demand.
- Identifies appropriate demand streams and establishes data relationship linkages.
- Works with product development leaders and sales and marketing teams to develop demand forecasts.
- Responsible for planning capacity and fulfillment demand with plant manufacturing operations.
- Works with manufacturing team and develops monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters.
- Identifies and develops new technologies to improve materials planning and SIOP capability, sustainability, and reliability.
- Responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the development of processes and plans to improve supply capabilities.
- Establishes clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP.
- Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
- Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
- Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
- Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
- Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
- May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
- Monitors tracking and shipping.
- Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
- Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior SIOP and/or materials planning experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior SIOP and/or materials planning experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms