Manufacturing / Operations SupervisorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01285613 Date posted 01/08/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position supervises a team of support and/or production level or hourly/direct employees in Manufacturing Operations. Sets day-to-day activities and assists in managing and monitoring production operations, maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensures all quality related items for one cell are complete and documented to meet established quality standards.
- Assists in cost reduction and process improvement to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Assists in scheduling for one cell so that production schedules are met.
- Assists in sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for a cell to optimize productivity.
- Coordinates activities for materials and logistics problem resolution of a cell to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Monitors cell performance and productivity of a cell to maximize productivity.
- Assists in production innovation, including additive manufacturing, of a cell to enhance the cell’s production capabilities.
- Interfaces with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services.
- Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
- Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
- Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
- Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines.
- Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
Requirements – Basic Qualifications
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of prior relevant experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.