Manufacturing / Operations Engineering ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01292832 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position manages a team of intermediate or experienced professionals in Manufacturing Engineering. Establishes operating budgets, guides engineering regarding design concepts, and implements changes to improve products.
- Instructs, directs and checks, under minimal guidance, the work of other manufacturing engineers to ensure that quality and manufacturing standards are met.
- Implements and monitors operating budgets in order to maximize cost effectiveness and ensure standards are met.
- Identifies opportunities or supervises the implementation of changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
- Guides engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques to enhance performance and manufacturing capabilities.
- Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
- Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
- Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
- Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
- Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
- May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior technical supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior technical supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.