Manufacturing Engineer 3rd ShiftBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01279888 Date posted 01/08/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Provide Technical support to Manufacturing Floor and operations on Manual Assembly Process on current and or new products.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence
- Maintain and modify Job Instruction Sheets (JIS), Standard Times, Shop orders, etc.
- Work with manufacturing/ quality department to meet company goals
- Assist Producibility, Project, or Design engineers in any project.
- Work in the engineering changes activities and process improvement.
- Support company goals metrics.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Implement preventive and corrective actions to prevent nonconformance within the different manufacturing processes.
- Introduce new technologies and process improvements to drive product cost down.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality plus good record on EH&S and good disciplinary observed
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of groups
- Knowledge in Blue Prints, Assembly Drawings, and Specs interpretation
- Hands on experience on JIS development, Shop orders, Rework Instructions and Routing Maintenance is a must
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and SAP
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 6 months experience in manufacturing environment OR relevant co-op experience
- Willing to work overtime, Saturdays and Sundays, and different shift.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge in Microsoft windows, Excel, Word, and Power Point, MS Project.
- Knowledge in problem solving techniques and the use of related quality tools.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.