Inspector IBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01277216 Date posted 01/08/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Operations, Supply Chain and EH&S:
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of purchased parts, materials, subassemblies, and manufactured components in meeting blueprint, regulatory and contract requirements.
- Inspections consist of using standard measuring instruments as well as special measuring instruments and gauges.
- Complete inspection records, logs, and rejection reports.
- Communicates in writing and verbally on concerns with conformance.
Education / Certifications:
- High School diploma
- Inspection methods and proficient in performing required, dimensional, gaging & visual inspections.
- Basic knowledge of blueprints and capability of interpreting engineering drawings as well as applicable specifications.
- Basic knowledgeable of Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) and work in a team environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals and groups, in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under stress preferred.
- Show a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Occasionally lift up to 35 pounds.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.