Engineering Technician 1 - Quality Assurance (2nd Shift)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01280124 Date posted 01/08/2019 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Operations, Supply Chain and EH&S:
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Interpret and record product quality results
- Read and interpret assembly instructions, engineering prints, and policies and procedures
- Utilize computer systems (e.g. work instructions, prints, and standards)
- Manage quality processes for customer returns in accordance with established procedures
- Generate non-conforming Material (NCM) reject tags
- Assist engineering team to generate and execute Purges for non- conforming material screening
- Keep the Quality Clinics for non-conforming material organized and clean
- Support Quality Engineering team to process for customer returns in accordance with established procedures.
- Recognize and take steps to resolve minor quality issues
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed
- Train other employees and perform other duties as assigned
- Use several inspection tools for product inspection (e.g. micrometer, caliper, and high gage)
- Use Coordinating Measuring Machine (CMM) for inspection.
Education / Certifications:
- Associates Degree in related engineering technical field or equivalent completed education required.
- Coordinating Measuring Machine (CMM) training/certificate preferred.
- Good reading, writing & math skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office; Word and Outlook) Daily use of computers.
- Knowledge of office software apps
- Ability to read and interpret assembly / test instructions, engineering standards and engineering prints
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Effectively communicate & interact with others at all levels
- Handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Capacity to resolve medium complexity quality issues
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.