Requisition ID: []
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a [[Infrastructure Associate]] to join our team in [[Costa Rica]]. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
The System Administrator is responsible for the disciplined management of the application infrastructure life cycle. This includes planning and executing software and hardware installations and upgrades as well as retirement of legacy functions. Planning, deploying and analyzing the performance and health for the supported systems. The administrator is expected to work within cross-functional information technology project teams. This position provides support for design and deployment of custom developed solutions and commercial software. This position must analyze, evaluate, modify, test, and implement enterprisewide systems and software. As the operational owner of various solutions, this position is responsible for the overall health and performance of a system and frequently works with infrastructure administrators and developers to deliver and maintain robust solutions.
- Completes and/or coordinates assigned technical work.
- Performs the majority of the tasks required when new devices and services are being introduced to the site. These tasks can include the creation of service manuals for other technicians and the development of first-level preventive and corrective maintenance plans.
- Maintains documentation, layouts, and centralized records
- Provides advanced software/system level support for the whole range of supported services and devices within the airport as well as being the lead technician for one or more systems.
- Handles configuration issues, trouble-shooting and software installations. Works with developers and/or support technicians on software upgrades, troubleshooting, and configuration changes.
- Works with airline technical contacts on issue related to system configuration and troubleshooting of software system interfaces.
- Performs system backups, system failover/failback tests, and other scheduled activities.
- Performs system administration activities to ensure the smooth operation of applications across multiple platforms.
- Keep systems updated with the latest patches both manufacturer and the other vendors' applications.
- Mentors junior colleagues and serves as an incident escalation point.
- Creates work schedules to ensure agreed upon coverage is met.
- Perform any necessary tests for re-creation and rectification of production issue.
- Configuration of systems and monitoring tools
- System performance monitoring.
- Install & test patches, virus protection updates.
- Qualified at levels equal to or above MCSE or CCNA and has 5 years + of network troubleshooting, design, and management experience.
- Provides advanced software/system level support for the whole range of supported services and devices
- Problem resolution troubleshooting and coordination
- Needs strong communication
- Needs excellent client relationship skills.
- Displays considerable experience with both general airport operations and the specific needs of the Airport.
- Performs system backups, system failover/failback tests, and other scheduled activities
- Install & test patches, virus protection updates
- Works with airline technical contacts on issue related to system configuration and troubleshooting of software system interfaces
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!