System SpecialistApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 54780BR Date posted 10/04/2017 City San Antonio State Texas Country US
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Building automation systems that make sense! Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat.
If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills and passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a results oriented, customer focused field technician to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
- Assist with startup, commission and re-commission of customer systems that utilize pneumatic / electrical / electronic technology
- Maintain accurate As-Built drawing package and make changes in Visio, Excel, Word, as required
- Responsible for calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer
- Assist in static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building interactive network) commissioning of software programming
- Assist in the set-up of operator workstations with all associated software
- Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily basis or as advised
- Assist with turnover to service
- Track and record job progress and keep lead project personnel informed on progress
- Keep project management apprised of concerns and issues
- Complete paperwork on-time including time sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation and project status reports
- Communicate with lead project personnel upon arrival and before leaving the work site
- Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by our company’s insurance carrier
- Willingness to travel in excess of 50% of typical work week, mostly local travel and seldom overnight hotel stays
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs
- Basic understanding of control logic
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control preferred
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred
- Associate's degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship
- Other post high school training (two years duration) with minimum of 5 years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.