Embedded Systems EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01273137 Date posted 02/21/2019 City Salem State Oregon Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CASAL: Salem Oregon 4001 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem, OR, 97302 USA
Join our team – we enjoy working together! We value: collaboration at all levels, quality over quantity, and continuous learning. You can help us develop products by leveraging a combination of web applications, mobile apps, and custom hardware interfaces. You will help us create value for our Real Estate, Hospitality, Commercial, and Automotive customers by delivering solutions that replace physical cards & mechanical keys with mobile credentials on smart phones that interact with a variety of Bluetooth-enabled, battery-powered devices and locks.
To find out more about who we are and what we do, visit our products websites
For Supra visit http://www.suprasystems.com/
For Onity visit http://en.onity.com/
- Design and develop embedded systems and electronic hardware. This includes all tasks from circuit design, debugging and testing, standard electrical board testing (HALT, ESD), environmental testing, to support the transition into manufacturing, and successful/reliable launch.
- Responsible for design and documentation as required, ensuring correct assembly by Production Department.
- Participate in project team meetings provides accurate status and raising issues and risks.
- Lead medium to large electrical engineering projects and coordinate activities from multiple functions (marketing, electrical, software, mechanical, production, service, and quality) to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Lead or contribute to research in wireless, low power, and fine pitch hardware implementations.
- Develop and perform test procedures with necessary fixtures to ensure that products are performing according to specifications.
- Lead production tester development to ensure product tested meets specification before leaving manufacturing.
- Use electrical engineering CAD software for schematics and PCB layout.
- Operate all types of electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, generators, logic analyzers, etc.) for design verification and engineering activities.
- Oversee design activities for possible enhancements and engage in trouble shooting activities, root cause analysis on existing product requirements.
- Actively participate in and maintain strict compliance to all UTC Policies and EHS requirements.| Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Related Field.| - At least 5 years of experience developing embedded system electronics.
- Demonstrated experience with CAD tools for electrical design and simulation.
- Demonstrated experience in program management.
- Demonstrated experience in embedded system architecture.
- Demonstrated experience writing firmware in embedded systems. Including C, C , or assembly.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Design.
- Green Belt Certified/Trained and demonstrate Six Sigma competencies.
- Experience working with non-US based teams and suppliers. Sensitivity to cultural biases and understanding the communication practices needed to create successful partnerships in and open and supportive environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms