Senior Manager, ContractsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01266337 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Rome State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNY02: Engine Comp (Power) - Rome 104 Otis Street, Rome, NY, 13440 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Senior Contracts Manager will lead a team of experienced Contracts professionals and be responsible for all facets of contract administration on assigned military and commercial, development and production programs for aerospace and industrial end users.
- Leads team of experienced Contracts professionals responsible for contract formation, negotiations and administration.
- Responsible for coaching, reviewing, and delegating work to lower level professionals.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations to protect and mitigate the organization's legal and business interests.
- Receipt, review, and processing of customer solicitations/RFPs, proposal preparation, review and negotiation of contract terms and conditions,
- Preparation of contract documents including non-disclosure agreements and memoranda of agreement, order reviews and acknowledgments,
- Flow down of contract requirements to internal stakeholders, change management, identification of contract and business risk,
- Accounts receivable support/reporting, audit support, and contract close out as well as company initiatives including ACE,
- Standard work and business financial goals.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to influence the demand on the supply chain and prioritize demand for order fulfillment based on business objectives and customer firm and forecasted purchase orders.
- 5 years of experience in a Contracts role, or business role if that role is closely related to Contracts responsibilities with demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation experience
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements
- Ability to contribute to negotiation strategy and lead negotiations
- SAP experience
- FAR/DFARS working knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in software programs such as: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management
- Be highly efficient and self-motivated
- Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust
- Capable of multitasking and handling several assignments concurrently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential with a focus on responsiveness
- Always be professional
- Adhere to policies and implement changes as required
- Have a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree required
- JD/Law degree strongly preferred
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms