Senior Mechanical EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01279351 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Electric Systems Power Generation Engineering is looking for a mechanical engineer to work with a multi-disciplined, technical team in the design, development, production and field support of aircraft engine mounted generators, auxiliary generators, and aircraft mounted motors. The preferred candidate must have a track record of innovative mechanical design capability, strong analytical problem solving skills, and project management.
- Concept selection, design, analysis, and test of new products
- Engineering documentation and design tool improvement such as hardware specification development, test plans, analytical reports, test reports, reliability assessments, and Excel based tools for incorporation into UTAS standard work
- Support new business proposals, formal design reviews, and customer presentations
- Adherence and development of engineering standard work
- Interface with management, suppliers, customers, and members of the technical design team
- Project planning skills required for estimates and planning (budget and schedule)
- Satisfying external and internal customer needs subject to strong design and business
- Provide timely and effective communication to management and customers
- Supporting engineering investigations to establish root cause, and implement
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related field and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in design, test, and manufacturing of mechanical rotating components and systems
- Background with engineering drawings, structural and thermal analysis, and 3D design software
- Experience with Excel (i.e. VBA, Solver, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and execute to a program plan.
- Expertise with technologies specifically pumps, gears, transmissions and generators
- Proficiency in ACE and/or Design for Six Sigma, particularly DOE is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with technical authority through all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated creative problem solving experience and a robust work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms