Senior Data ScientistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01360045 Date posted 10/08/2019 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
- Serve as primary data scientist to support the Mission Systems Defense portfolio
- Perform ad-hoc analysis utilizing diagnostic/predictive/prescriptive/optimization/simulation models including traditional statistical models as well as machine learning techniques
- Develop custom algorithms to solve functional (finance, supply chain, operations, etc.) and programmatic (actuation, power generation, bio-chem detection, etc.) problems
- Serve as consultant to management to recommend coursed of action based on interpretation of developed analysis
- Data mine various data universes and find areas of opportunity to increase operational efficiency, decrease cost, or generate new revenue opportunities
- Draft white papers outlaying new algorithms, processes, or models relevant to the scope of work
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
Preferred qualifications - Minimum master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Finance
- 4-6 years of related work experiences, preferably in the Aerospace Industry
- Strong skill in Python, SQL, VBA required
- Expertise with SAP, Business Objects, Access, Excel, Power BI, SSMS
- Experience in data mining, data analysis, model building, statistical modeling, predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Experience building predictive models and implementation
- Ability to multitask and roadmap project needs
- Excellent team player in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel >25%
Due to federal contracts, US Citizen required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check and drug screen (every external new hire in the U.S.)
“This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms