P804 Development Test Engineer-Program Management and LogisticsBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01326873 Date posted 06/13/2019 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT20: HS-IL - Corp 134 N. First Street , Rockford, IL, 61107 USA
United Technologies Corp. (UTC; NYSC: UTX), headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, is a global leader in aerospace and building technologies. Our aerospace businesses — Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney — are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. Our commercial businesses — Carrier and Otis — are pioneering intelligent building solutions and services that enable people to live and work in more modern, safe, secure and sustainable environments. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society’s biggest challenges.
United Technologies Corporation was founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors. We helped build the Second Industrial Revolution and brought about a century of urbanization and globalization. Now we need your help to build the next one.
Tech@UTC is the UTC technology organization, comprised of the global engineering function, several focused centers of expertise, our skunkworks organization – United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP), and our advanced Research & Development lab – United Technologies Research Center (UTRC). By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create smart, sustainable solutions that prove we can do the big things the right way. We put the “T” in UTC.
United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP) is at the heart of UTC’s technology organization, fostering a startup-like culture that is unafraid of failure and trying new things. We are comprised of project teams that are co-located with UTC’s engineering and business footprints. We run fast and deliver convincing product and service demonstrators that will disrupt UTC’s core businesses. UTAP projects bring together UTC’s world-leading expertise in engineering and manufacturing along with top external talent, with project teams located at UTC sites around the world.
You will provide leadership and direction for the P804 project team in the development and execution of the overall project test plan. You will work with other UTC divisions and suppliers to integrate all hybrid electric engine and aircraft activities across all sites and align against the overall program milestones. You will provide sound guidance on project alternatives to address product shortfalls and design changes during the development program with innovative and speed-oriented solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with multiple key UTC stakeholders and UTAP suppliers in the execution of the overall P804 program test plan, with a focus on the program test execution
- Prepare and take ownership of a consolidated P804 project plan that includes the overall program milestones, and test activities on the hybrid electric engine and aircraft across all sites
- Coordinate activities across all UTAP and supplier sites including chairing daily and weekly meetings, as required, to track progress against milestones
- Develop and oversee experimental build and test requirements for component, rig, engine and aircraft testing across all suppliers, in a common platform, including any specialized equipment, tooling or processes
- Work with other UTC employees, contractors and suppliers as resources to accomplish the above objectives, leveraging their expertise and resources, as required
- Willingness to travel to UTC divisions and UTAP suppliers as required
Qualifications & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with strong communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and lead across multiple organizations
- Strong project management experience with a focus on logistics in a diverse supply chain
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Candidate must be willing to travel occasionally to suppliers and UTC sites
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace, or related field
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace, or other related field preferred
Position can be potentially located in Rockford or in Canada.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms