International Trade Compliance Intern (Summer 2020)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01356560 Date posted 09/23/2019 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist Power and Controls ITC team in ensuring trade compliance in accordance with company and government requirements under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Support Power and Controls ITC team in ITAR and EAR authorization preparation, activation, and management.
- Ensure site specific ITC tasks are completed, such as: MK Denial screening, visitor management, training, special projects, etc.
- Work with the business and ITC employees to ensure transactional compliance tasks are completed, such as Delivery without Reference Orders, International Travel Forms, GTS blocks, TEXPORT requests, etc.
Education / Certifications
Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management, international business, legal, international trade or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management, international business, legal, international trade or related field from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms