Electrical EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01329729 Date posted 07/05/2019 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design and development of electronic control units and associated printed wiring board assemblies within electric systems for military and commercial aircraft. The applicant will apply principles and techniques of electrical/electronic engineering to ensure design preparation is in accordance with applicable specifications, customer requirements and standard work practices; interfaces with various functional groups to coordinate conceptual, preliminary, and detailed unit design, engineering documentation releases, development testing, qualification testing, and entry into service.
- Use of the Standard Work tool as needed to enter appropriate data
- Work with the program office, department leadership, project engineering, peer designers, other engineering disciplines, and customer as needed to develop control units and resolve issues
- Preliminary Design Activities
- Unit and Module Requirements Creation using Doors
- Requirements management (Validation of requirements, CR control)
- Detailed Design Activities
- Schematic design using Concept HDL
- Design Reviews per department standards
- Design Analysis per department standards and customer specifications
- Supporting creation of Test Requirement Specifications (TRS) and development of production test solution
- Verification Activities
- Determine and prepare procedures for testing products (Development and Qualification Testing)
- Development and qualification testing at a unit level and at a system level
- Use of lab equipment
- Support testing at non-Collins locations as needed
- Document results of design studies, trade studies, and failure analyses
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Ability to prepare and execute to a program plan
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms