Deputy Program ManagerBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77131BR Date posted 12/06/2018 City Rockford State Illinois Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Program Management, who leads medium-sized programs. Develops program plans, schedules, and budgets. Supports strategic planning efforts, solutions for program problems, contract negotiations, and manages important vendors.
- Leads medium size programs to ensure adherence to program plans, schedules, and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility and recommends appropriate adjustments.
- Manages important vendors and develops milestones, program plans, schedules and budgets for programs.
- Consolidates and presents plans and progress reports.
- Prepares and presents value-stream strategy, progress, and results.
- Supports annual strategic planning efforts for the business.
- Guides continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Identifies and reacts to program problems and supports solutions, such as allocation of resources and changing contractual specifications.
- Supports the development of new business growth strategies.
- Coordinates responses to customer action items.
- Supervises the appropriate use of all resources allocated to the program to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Participates in and leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests.
- Directs all program phases from inception through completion.
- Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
- Manages the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
- Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and their use (Six Sigma).
- Experience with budget preparation and/or fiscal management.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Program planning and management (cost, quality and schedule) experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and execute to specific due dates.
- Ability to direct and motivate.
- Experience using SAP or equivalent ERP program desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professionally diffuse difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or
- Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.