SOS Quality EngineerBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77475BR Date posted 12/07/2018 City Riverside State California Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position manages Supplier Quality & Development processes and / or projects as an individual contributor. Works to achieve objectives that have a major impact on the organization Supplier Quality & Development goals. Uses expertise to provide input on supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the implementation of supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution processes.
- Manages the analysis of quality data and development of part / supplier specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Provides research and guidance for root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & D) in escape management procedures. Develops corrective and / or preventive actions for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
- Manages processes and procedures for supplier qualification / certification, source inspection and material release processes, and Correction Action Boards / DQ Clinics with suppliers.
- Drives support for the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Reviews processes and metrics to ensure supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Manages supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes.
- Initiates part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Supports supplier qualification / certification.
- Manages source inspection and material release processes.
- Performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis & problem solving (Red-X & 8D) and recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
- Drives Corrective Action Boards/DQ Clinics with suppliers.
- Proactively supports the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
- Ensures that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Demonstrated experience in proving quality in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience driving root cause and corrective action activity
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience, or
- Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.