When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
UTC's Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms, has an immediate opening for a Senior Manufacturing Team Leader to support 1st shift operations at our Riverside, CA facility.
- This position will be responsible for managing the manufacturing operations in a metal & composite bond shop, post bond, and mechanical assembly for the A320 nacelle program on 1st shift (6:30 AM - 3 PM Monday - Friday; some weekends (required).
- Implementation of ACE into manufacturing.
- Job includes leading and coaching a large multi-skilled team with emphasis on cost, schedule and quality.
- Candidate must have a strong personal commitment to Continuous Improvement (CI)/LEAN Principles; additionally a commitment to safety and ergonomics and the ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Candidates should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5 years of Leadership experience required
- 3-5 years of Manufacturing experience required
- Ability to support intermediate MRP/ERP skills in PC transactions.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Project, etc.).
- Structured (CI) Continuous Improvement experience, manufacturing experience leading a diverse team with strong interpersonal skills highly preferred.
- Understanding and application of concepts related to situational management and day-to-day coaching is highly desired.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelors degree with 3+ years of related experience
- Masters degree with 0-2+ years of related experience
Due to ITAR, all candidates must be US Person or current Green Card holders
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.