Sr Electrical Engineer, A-Kit DesignBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01340573 Date posted 08/02/2019 City Richardson State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Mission Systems RF and Integration Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Senior Electrical Engineer to perform A-Kit harness and Electrical Design for Airborne Platforms. Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis, through design, testing, and factory transition.
- Design and integration of aircraft avionic systems
- Design and integration of aircraft systems rigs, equipment rigs and harnesses for specialized testing.
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating significant design and integration risks for timely review and resolution.
- Monitoring and reporting of aircraft installation design milestones and reporting status to project/program management.
- Be self-directed, able to meet cost, schedule, and performance objectives with minimal oversight
- Have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, work well within a design team and environment and be adept at interfacing with internal and external customers.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must possess or have the ability to a attain a DoD security clearance
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience developing products and systems for military platforms.
- Experience in Aircraft A-Kit design and Aircraft wiring harnesses and rigs, with an emphasis on signal analysis and validation of signal integrity throughout the target platform
- Familiarity with EMI and Signal Integrity design techniques and analysis
- Understanding of HIRF, Lightning and EMC effects on avionics systems.
- Experience in a lab environment with system level testing.
- Experience with Auto-Cad or similar CAD Tools.
- Knowledge of design and development processes with practical experience in multiple phases of the HW lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, validation/verification, and sustainment
- Able to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions
- Familiarity with Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Supplements.
- Experience with configuration management tools and processes
- Proven leadership of small technical teams
- Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
- Ability to create appropriate development procedures, conduct effective design reviews and provide technical guidance to other members of development teams
- Proven experience working with manufacturing teams, vendors and other suppliers to build cost-effective solutions.
- Experience working with customers to define requirements and identify potential platform installation issues during project design phases.
A successful candidate may possess the following:
- Background and/or knowledge of Military Platform Integration
- Background and/or knowledge in RF Communications, networking, and interface definition
- Factory transition planning and support
- Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
- Highly proficient in earned value management techniques and philosophy
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms