Electrical EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01349785 Date posted 10/02/2019 City Princeton State New Jersey Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNJ03: ISR Systems - Princeton 330 Carter Road, Princeton, NJ, 08540 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for an entry-level Electrical and Electronics professional who troubleshoots technical and electrical device problems, operates engineering software and equipment, and confers with stakeholders regarding engineering projects.
• Performs engineering work and applied research, development, and design for new products to ensure quality standards and functional objectives are met.
• Troubleshoots electrical devices problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
• Resolves day-to-day technical problems on the production lines to minimize disruption.
• Participates in technical preparations for new product development and implementation to ensure new products meet the required specifications.
• Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Completes drawing designs as required to facilitate the engineering process.
• Confers with engineers, customers, vendors and other stakeholders on existing and potential engineering projects or products.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
• Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
• Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
• Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
• Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
• Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms