Quality TechnicianBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 42556 Date posted 01/09/2020 City Plymouth State Devon Country United Kingdom
Salary Circa £24k (depending on experience)
Collins Aerospace, a unit of United Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
We have a new position within our Quality function for a Production Quality Technician to support the Build-to-Print team at Collins Aerospace, Plymouth. The role requires a hands-on approach to Quality and continuous improvement, combined with a positive 'customer first' attitude. The successful candidate will be confident and self-motivated, work well within a team and have the ability to communicate and work at all levels within the business.
- Represent the Quality Function in the Build-to-Print team
- Participate in time problem resolution to containment (D3), including process improvement tools
- Liaise with Quality Delivery Assurance Clinic and Operations Improvement teams to facilitate a smooth transition of any Quality investigations beyond D3 containment
- Support customer facing and project Quality points of contact, including any customer calls and site visits as required
- Act as the Quality focal for raising and management of quality notes for both internal and external customers
- Generate and prepare FAI (First Article Inspection) reports for customers
- Conduct internal AS9100D audits as per audit plan
- Promote the Quality culture in the business, through compliance to the QMS and adherence to site Quality Cardinal Rules
- Performing Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) assessments.
- Reviewing and Creating Standard work instructions and procedures for effectiveness
- IPC-A-610 awareness to support inspection decisions at production
A basic awareness of Quality Management Systems such as ISO9000, AS9100, ISO27001
An audit Qualification is desirable however training AS9100 internal audit training will be provided
Basic knowledge of business management systems and tools: ERP / MRP, and manufacturing IT based management tools.
Competent in the use of common IT software including Microsoft Word / Excel / Access databases and SharePoint.
Knowledge of some or all of common the Quality tools including PPAP, NPI/APQP/Control Plans,
FMEA, SPC, 8D, MSA and Quality Management within the supply chain.
The ideal candidate will be educated to HNC/HND level or equivalent in an engineering discipline and/or have experience of quality management systems.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities