Contracts ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01385675 Date posted 01/24/2020 City Plymouth Country United Kingdom
Location:Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, part of United Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
A new vacancy has arisen for a Contracts Manager. In this role you will be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of current customer contracts, the commercial/contractual aspects of the company’s new Business Development activities and providing expertise to the business to manage risks, maintain integrity and ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Generation of the commercial/contractual aspects for a wide range of bids and proposals; through to and including internal price authorisation and submission to the customer in compliance with delegated authorities.
- Collation of bids and proposals cost inputs from across the business; presentation of these costs and corresponding prices in compliance with the bid requirements and in a format suitable for internal authorisation.
- Generation of suitable contract terms and conditions, including payment terms, appropriate for each business opportunity in compliance with best practice and company guidelines. Management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Negotiation of contract terms and conditions and prices, for new business and amendments to existing contracts.
- Management of the commercial customer interface for current business and new business.
- Provision of ad hoc legal guidance to the business.
- Commercial management of existing contracts, including: exploiting the potential for follow-on or new business / contract acceptance / loading of order-book / all aspects of ERP system order-book management.
- Compliance with Government and other regulatory requirements in all aspects of our Commercial activities; to include costing, pricing / export compliance, including licensing requirements / ITAR compliance.
- Working knowledge of UK MoD DEFCONs and US FARs and DFARs.
- Generation and negotiation of various customer Agreements such as Confidentiality, Collaboration, Technical Assistance, Bailment Agreements etc.
- Management of any customer cost investigations.
- Protection of company key Intellectual Property.
- Provision of guidance and training to other members of the Commercial team.
Skills and Experience:
Ideally the successful candidate would be qualified to degree level or equivalent and 5 years relevant experience. You will have experience of defence industry contracting with UK MoD contracts, USG contracts and other UK contracting experience would be beneficial. You will be skilled in cost and price negotiations, contract generation and negotiation with a good understanding of the legal aspects of contracting.
You will have good working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP would be an advantage) and be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes. With excellent attention to detail and the ability to communication at all levels of an organisation you will enjoy working as part of a team. Experience of supervising and or coaching/mentoring our employees would be an advantage.
In return we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms