Technical Support SpecialistBusinesses UTC CLIMATE, CONTROLS & SECURITY Job ID 61849BR Date posted 02/23/2018 City Pittsford State New York Country US
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Global Security Products (GSP) group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems, and mobile applications. Among its leading brands are Lenel, Interlogix, Supra and Onity offering robust security and life safety systems, and affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to build your technical skills, join us as a Technical Support Specialist and provide technical support via telephone and email to Lenel customers. The purpose of this role is to retain and encourage increased business from customers by efficiently and courteously satisfying the customer’s needs on an ongoing basis.
- Answer incoming phone calls, emails, and other inquiries into the Lenel Technical Support Center.
- Identify and document the problem summary and description as described by the customer as well as record the call details in the Customer Relations Management (CRM) tool following the documented processes. This will include step by step results of the troubleshooting performed, as well as all customer statements of importance, and any supported documentation.
- Utilize internal tools such as: SalesLogix, Knowledge Base, DevTrack, HP Quality Center, SharePoint, Google, etc. to research problems for known and existing solutions.
- Follow documented processes to ensure callers are certified as outlined in the Value Added Reseller (VAR) certification program and have current qualified support agreements in place.
- Assist with testing on new/existing products.
- Continually utilize the TSG wall board to assess daily performance.
- Work with management to dynamically adjust priorities in order to provide the best possible service levels while maintaining and improving established service levels.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- May be required to provided 24x7 support on a needed basis, compensation would be provided
Lenel provides complete certification training to become capable in supporting our range of security products. We also offer ongoing training and recertification to keep you on the cuting edge of knowledge and skill. Technical Support Specialists also undergo a period of job shadowing and mentoring before becoming capable and confident in handling technical calls on their own.
- OnGuard Hardware and Software Fundamentals
- Advanced Access Control
- OnGuard Digital Video
- Prism Video
- Credentialing Technology and & Biometrics
- Enterprise Overview
- Wireless Lock Technology
- SQL Database Fundamentals
- Custom Reports
- Sound Networking Essentials
- NEC Workshop
- 2 years’ experience in customer service and/or technical help desk
- Experience working with currently supported operating systems, including the latest commercially supported Microsoft Operating systems
- Understanding of basic AC and DC circuitry and electronics
- Comprehensive understanding of current network topologies and protocols
- Entry-level knowledge of SQL database engines required, advanced knowledge preferred
- Experience in Access Control, Video, Intrusion and related technologies a plus
- Advanced knowledge of digital and analog video platforms
- Understanding of network packet analysis software such as Wireshark
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with customers, peers, management and other departments
- Must have the ability to multitask and work independently
- Must be detailed oriented in order to effectively resolve technical customer issues
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to change
- Maintain the following metrics
- 90% Attendance (unscheduled absences) and working (logged in) at the start of your shift
- MFA (greater than >5)
- 75 calls per month unless engaged in Supervisor directed reoccurring projects of tasks
- Average handle time 30 min or less– decrease should be seen over 6 month period of initial “startup”
- Update tickets at 80% every 3 days for non-escalated and 95% for escalated tickets or with engineering engagements
- Bi-Lingual English, Spanish, French and Portuguese proficiency a plus
- High School Diploma/GED minimum with a minimum 4 years of related experience
- Associates degree in Computer Science, IT, or electronics (preferred)
- Technical certifications such as Net+/MSSQL/MCP/MCSE/MCDBA (preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.