Specialist, Delivery Assurance-Remote/AZBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01279837 Date posted 02/12/2019 City Phoenix State Arizona Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
** Please be aware this is a remote position, available to work virtually anywhere in Arizona
This position is for an Experienced Supply Chain professional, who monitors supplier performance, conducts on site assessments, and engages suppliers in issue resolution. Utilizes Supplier Development Playbook and monitors and analyzes key performance indicators to drive improvement in collaboration with suppliers.
- Conducts onsite assessments with the buyers, quality, and engineering teams to drive supplier improvement.
- Utilizes Supplier Development Playbook to improve supplier performance to Supplier Gold standards.
- Collaborates with suppliers to identify and remove barriers to the implementation of CI to improve on-time delivery and quality.
- Monitors supplier performance and applies sustainable countermeasures and actions in order to facilitate improvement
- Conducts and participates in production readiness assessments for New Product Introduction and rate increases, including capacity confirmation to ensure a timely ramp-up to production volumes.
- Supports supply chain initiatives by monitoring key performance indicators, analyzing cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinating cross-functional work team.
- Engages key suppliers to initiate appropriate improvement programs to achieve and sustain high levels of performance.
- Plans, organizes, directs and reports all activities and matters relating to supplier performance.
- Evaluates supplier performance, management, capacity and production readiness.
- Assesses supplier qualifications including training and certifications.
- Elaborates supplier development plans and works in collaboration with the supplier to ensure best performance is achieved.
Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
As a Supplier Development Engineer for the West Region you will have the responsibility to 1) Manage between 5-7 critical suppliers to drive supplier improvement and achieve 100% On Time Delivery (OTD), Zero Defects and sustained performance, 2) set strategy for those suppliers and Manage up to $50M in supplier spend 3) maintain 88% - 90% of spend in Performing and Gold, and less than 2% in Underperforming.
- Execute Supplier Development Playbook at all assigned suppliers
- Create a 12month strategic improvement plan for each supplier
- Drive delivery (including overdue reduction and buffer compliance) and quality improvement at each supplier by using diagnostic tools such as: Supplier Health Assessment (SHA), Supplier Readiness Assessment (SRA), Supplier Surveillance, Zero Defect Plan (ZDP), and other UTC ACE tools as needed
- Work with suppliers to create actions that will address gaps identified from utilization of the above tools
- Monitor supplier performance and apply countermeasures to manage supplier Sustainable Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Provide leadership to drive supplier Gold at suppliers
- Communicate supplier strategic plans and actions to address missed targets to Regional Manager, and to the West Regional Leader as needed
- Eliminate any risks that will prevent suppliers from meeting performance targets, and escalate as needed
- Drive cross functional and BU engagement to remove roadblocks necessary to improve supplier performance
- Prepare supplier executive summaries and present at SBU critical supplier reviews
- Participate in or lead process improvement projects to streamline West Region Supplier Performance Operations
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, or other Business related field.
Experience and Qualifications:
Minimum 3 years of experience in Engineering/Manufacturing/Operations/Supply Chain or related area with a continued proven track record of performance achievement and growth and increased level of responsibility.
- Shop floor/operations knowledge for 3+ years
- LEAN/Continuous improvement experience for 1-3 years
- Experience in working with suppliers
- Experience developing suppliers and supplier relationships
- Knowledge of supply chain management in the Aerospace organization
- Project/program Management
- Ability to lead in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable traveling international
- Spanish speaking a plus
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.