Specialist, Business SystemsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01389821 Date posted 02/11/2020 City Phoenix State Arizona Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position is a seasoned IT professional with expertise in business and technical applications who works independently to analyze business system and application needs, determine system capabilities, test and configure systems, analyze system logic, and address functionality issues.
• Identifies and analyzes the routine to moderately complex requirements of a business unit or department that can be fulfilled through the use of information technology systems.
• Analyzes current business and technical processes for an assigned area to determine where system updates or new systems are needed.
• Coordinates with business and technology teams to ascertain system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users acceptance
• May assist with system testing and establish system techniques and controls.
• Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
• Analyzes existing system logic to assess alignment with business unit or department need.
• Collaborates with application development teams to analyze system functionality issues.
• Works to select, implement, develop, maintain and support business systems and digital applications through understanding business processes and their implications and applying process improvement concepts for simplification and productivity to support business goals and objectives.
• Manages external vendors.
• Aligns digital services, service levels, technology, vendor/supplier management, and initiatives with business strategies and needs.
• Represents the business in enterprise/corporate initiatives.
• Acts as a business contact and advocates for delivery of high quality digital services.
• Works with Security/Compliance, Infrastructure, and Project Management Groups to manage and document the digital technology portfolio.
• Responsible for alignment of business systems technology selection, programming, configuring and testing of both new applications and legacy systems, which requires knowledge of systems architecture, development processes for improved design, as well as understanding of systems integration for applications.
• Sample roles include Applications Systems Analysis and Programming for business systems such as ERP/PLM/MES/CRM, Systems Architect, Business Application or Relationship Manager.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms