Project Engineer InternApply Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems Job ID 56007BR Date posted 11/10/2017 City Phoenix State Arizona Country US
- This summer internship will be full time over the summer with potential to work part time during the school year.
- Support Project Engineers with documentation, fabrication, investigation and testing on evacuation system materials, components and systems
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Provide support to materials qualification, analysis and test activities in support of escape system development and Operations Support
- Prepare test plans and reports to support project activity, and maintains up-to-date records of project test results
- Coordinates availability and inspection of materials and involvement of others in conduct of testing to support project goals
Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory and work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment
- Office environment approximately 80% of time
- Prototype lab environment approximately 20% of time
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, climb and work on top of scaffolding, perform packing duties in the evaluation and testing of designs
- Domestic and international travel may be required up to 10% of time
- Ability to input, retrieve, access and send information via computer
- Junior or Senior in approved BS degree program or in a Master's program in mechanical, aerospace or systems engineering with at least a 3.0 GPA
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.