Operational Excellence InternApply Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems Job ID 56000BR Date posted 11/10/2017 City Phoenix State Arizona Country US
Responsible for the data collection, update, and completion of a suite of various graphs, charts and data bases in conjunction with a wide variety of information across the Interiors Business Sites. Additionally, the individual will be required to pull data from SAP across the various sites to prepare the information. Must be able to maintain folders in a SharePoint site and update printed copies on the status boards in a centralized area. Since much of the data is financial in nature, such as supply chain savings, labor hour savings and cost of sales, it is important that the individual has some financial background and understanding while maintaining confidentiality. The individual have a very good understanding of Excel and be able to learn how to link various spreadsheets, derive complex formulas and understand the use of macros.
Must be comfortable working and communicating across the organization in a virtual environment and comfortable with the use of various media such as web cams and virtual meetings. This summer internship will be full time over the summer with potential to work part time during the school year.
- Some Business or related discipline and/or equivalency is required.
- Strong business analysis skills and the ability to solve complex business problems by using information technology and business intelligence software
- Demonstrated skills in creative thinking, problem solving and decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be deadline and project-oriented with strong organizational skills, in addition to having the ability to multi-task
- Be willing to learn the tools and end user techniques of the SAP application areas are applied to the business process to provide effective training and communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong project, organizational, presentation, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a geographically diverse team, be action oriented and strong attention to detail are mandatory
- Willing to learn an ERP system (MAPICS/DataFlo/SAP/etc)
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft applications
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR
Pursuing a BS degree in Business or other related education, ideally at the Junior or Senior
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.