Data AnalystBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01367209 Date posted 11/08/2019 City Phoenix State Arizona Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HAZ01: Interiors (Evac Sys)-Phoenix 3414 S 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85040 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies?Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
The Data Analyst will provide Quality Business Analytics function within Interiors Supplier Quality. This entails data collection, cleaning, restructuring, analyzing; using data requirements and providing periodic Quality metric reports from across Interiors site including but not limited to Escape, Defects, Audit, Compliance, MRB, ZDP and Supplier data.
- Creating database queries, when existing queries are not sufficient to satisfy data requests;
- Performing in-depth analyses to ensure high data quality, including identifying and addressing erroneous data;
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Drive the automation of data collection and analyses to reduce manual input
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Drive development of data visualizations using Tableau & PowerBI
- Develop proactive/predictive measures for the Quality function
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings via story telling or a visual dashboard
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources, merging and maintaining databases
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new quality process improvement opportunities from trends
- Create and keep up-to-date documentation of QA metrics processes, data models, and reports
- Maintain knowledge of industry and ever-changing technologies
- Ensure data is consistent, available, accurate, and fit for reporting and analytics
- Analyze trends, identify issues, and communicate quality trends to appropriate management
- Participate in regular meetings with Reporting Team and Management to discuss quality improvements
- Experience with SQL to query and manipulate data in relational database
- Project management skills using agile methodology including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects;
- Self-motivated & capable of working independently as well as within a group environment;
- Able to work well in an environment that emphasizes continuous process improvement and process standardization
- Experience with Data automation processes using visual basic or Excel Macros
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and manipulation techniques
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as Python, Java, and VBScript
- Statistical experience is a plus
- Experience with SAP
- Organization skills
- Great communication skills with both senior leadership & team
- Ability to handle multiple metric requests under pressure
- Analytical skills: Work with large amounts of data, including: facts, figures, and number analysis. Ability to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Communication skills: Data analysts present their findings, and translate the data into understandable documents or reports. Ability to write, speak clearly and be able to communicate complex ideas into easily understood terms via visuals
- Critical thinking: Data analysts must look at the numbers, trends, and data in order to formulate conclusions.
- Attention to detail: Data is precise. Data analysts have to make sure they are attentive in their analysis to come to correct conclusions.
- Organizational skills: Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Math skills: Data analysts require math skills to process numerical data.
- Problem solving skills: Must have the ability to problem-solve and proactively resolve issues in regards to metrics
- Tools: Tableau, SQL, Microsoft Access, Excel
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Expert level in Microsoft tools such as Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms