Aftermarket Electronics TechnicianBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01335324 Date posted 07/17/2019 City Phoenix State Arizona Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
01335324 - Aftermarket Electronics Technician – 2nd Shift – Phoenix, AZ
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Testing a variety of electronic units using prescribed test procedures:
- Setting up and operating various test stands
- Configuring test equipment for special tests as needed
- Interpreting and recording test results
- Recognizing and isolating test equipment failures
- Using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot electronic units to the sub-assembly and component level
- Reading and interpreting technical data such as component maintenance manuals, engineering prints, and schematics
- Effectively communicating work status to team members and support staff (e.g. shift pass down, engineering, maintenance)
This is a 2nd shift opening—as a 2nd shift technician, your start time will be between 2:00 and 3:00 PM. While training, may need to work 1st shift hours.
You may occasionally need to provide weekend and holiday support to meet customer needs.
In your role, you will be exposed to:
- Products of various weights and sizes
- Equipment with moving parts
- High potential (voltage/current)
- Chemicals that may emit fumes
To minimize safety risk to you and product, you must wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
- Due to the nature of our work, you will need to be able to perform the following functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Distinguishing colors and meeting vision requirements
- Bending, stooping, reaching, turning as needed to place units in test stands, pick up totes, place units on rack, etc.
- Using hands for extended periods of time to perform testing and troubleshooting tasks (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
- Sitting or standing at a workbench/test stand for extended periods of time
- Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted
- Transporting product with or without product carts
- Understand theory of electronic circuitry and electrical components
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to read and interpret technical data
- Ability to write in a clear and concise technical manner
- Good computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
- High School Diplomas or equivalent
- 2 years of experience testing and troubleshooting electronics to the component level
Continuous improvement processes and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
Phoenix is an FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) this position is considered a Safety Sensitive Position. Under this regulation, selected candidate will participate in a drug testing program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms