Plant Operator (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01271095 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Philadelphia State Pennsylvania Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAP28: NOR Septa 4301 Wissahickon Ave , Philadelphia, PA, 19129 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Plant Operator in Philadelphia, PA!
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position:
- Operate and maintain 2 3500 kw Gas Turbine Generators with Heat Recovery Steam Generators, Auxiliary Boiler, 2 000 kw steam generators and all supporting equipment including the following systems: feed, gas compressors, water treatment, steam, condensate, 2400 volt electrical switchgear, MCC's, pumps, motors and all control systems.
- Rotating shift work and overtime will be required to provide 24/7 operations of the Cogeneration Plant.
- Perform hourly plant inspections and fill out plant operations log sheets.
- Prepare equipment and Plant status reports that are well written and accurate.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and proactively identify and address potential equipment failures.
- Operators will directly report to the Plant Manager for all day-to-day activities or to the Lead Operator in the absence of the Plant Manager.
- Interface with customer and subcontractors as assigned.
- Maintain good customer relations.
- Perform all other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by the Plant Manager or Lead Operator
Education / Certifications:
High school diploma is required
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Must have practical knowledge of plant mechanical and electrical equipment
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby.
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl.
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling.
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms