Sr. Manager, Rotational ProgramsBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01317909 Date posted 05/15/2019 City Palm Beach Gardens State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAF78: CCS HQ - Jupiter, FL P.O. Box 109615 M/S 715-01, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33410 USA
Carrier as part of UTC currently offers leadership development rotational programs in the areas of Finance, Operations, Information Technology/Digital, Human Resources, Communications, Environmental Health & Safety and Engineering. These two year programs offer opportunities for associates to experience working across businesses, receive world-class leadership training, and interact with and influence senior decision-makers.
The Program Manager role will lead annual recruiting activities, manage rotation schedules, plan training and onboarding events, and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the Programs are continuously attracting and developing superior candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a group of Leadership Programs encompassing associates participating in cross-business unit assignments including international rotations
- Foster recruiting activities through partnerships developed with the CARRIER Finance Council, focus schools and functional schools to ensure alignment in the hiring of ~30 associates per year
- Oversee campus and "Superday" interview sessions including room and food/beverage reservations, travel arrangements, and securing interviewers and executive presentations. Conduct de-briefing sessions to assess candidate status.
- Organize recruiting and hiring process for ~25-30 undergraduate interns on behalf of CARRIER Corporate HQ and divisions. Ensure that candidates meet minimum qualifications for future consideration as Leadership Program candidates.
- In conjunction with functional leadership, oversee Leadership Programs enhancement project teams around the areas of recruitment, retention and curriculum review, as well as events and activities pertaining to program best practices, career development, program website, volunteer activities, and recruiting/university relations
- Manage program budget, including forecasting and reporting on spend
- Develop stakeholder relationships with key functional leadership
- Market and socialize the program, opportunities and success metrics to functional leadership. Analyze the success of the program on an ongoing basis and propose strategies for improvement in the areas of rotation assignments, strong rotational candidate matching, and off-placement
- Effectively manage and execute processes, including talent acquisition and development, off-placement upon program completion, Leadership Development Review (LDR), Performance Management, salary planning, offer letters, coordination of domestic and international assignments, program housing and expenses for out-of-state rotations.
- Use data analysis to produce actionable information for functional leadership. Develop processes and systems to measure impact of related initiatives, and improve upon standard work for related initiatives.
- In collaboration with the HR Manager, provide advice and counsel to managers on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development and organizational effectiveness
- Objectively assess and bring employee relations issues to resolution.
Education / Certifications
- BS/BA in Finance or related field with a strong academic record. MBA or Master's degree a plus, 5+ years of UTC experience.
Oak Key: OAK19HRTAP541 - 1
Experience / Qualifications
- Prior experience/involvement with the Leadership Programs as a participant, supervisor, mentor desired
- Creative problem-solving skills, strong business acumen, understanding of group and corporate dynamics, integrity and the demonstrated ability to employ sound judgment in complex situations
- The successful candidate will have exposure to Senior leaders and requires excellent communication and organization skills; ability to successfully navigate and influence strong personalities within a complex business landscape
- Ability to effectively analyze, measure and evaluate program impact
- Prior experience working with senior executives
- High degree of professional maturity and ability to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, independent working style, and ability to establish and maintain standard work
- Ability to manage a significant budget
- Integrity in handling confidential information is essential
This position reports into the Global Talent Acquisition COE leader at CARRIER.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms