Senior Category ManagerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01287291 Date posted 01/16/2019 City Palm Beach Gardens State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAF77: CCS - CIB 13995 Pasteur Blvd , Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33418 USA
Manage global supply chain and strategic sourcing activities for a key and growing categories - across all sites in Refrigeration business unit (~$4B revenue, 13 factories). Develop and implement key strategies, standards and plans for core category management and key technology development as it applies to CCS strategic direction and business needs. Assess industry directions and standards, achieving maximum cost effectiveness and flexibility globally. In addition this role will support management, analysis and implementation activities for overall cost reduction strategic and tactical objectives across all managed categories. This position would be preferred to be based in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, however Athens, GA could be considered as a location as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- E-Solutions supply chain management will play an integral role in defining and implementing Refrigeration's Digital/ IoT strategic priorities. Candidate will leverage the supply base across all strategic projects in the areas of digital/ E-solutions/ IoT that are geared towards addressing critical needs of our customers and driving exceptional customer satisfaction. Manage Supplier relationships with other 3rd party providers, software companies, and other OEMs that leverage the solution platform. Responsible to execute service contracts and long term agreements with suppliers.
- Design and implement a sourcing strategy that develops and builds long-term partnerships with critical suppliers across the globe.
- Leverage the supply base to meet the company's procurement requirements related to quality, delivery and cost while optimizing inventory and assets management.
- Negotiates and awards purchase orders/contract in support of new product launch and existing production requirements.
- Drives world class performance in terms of quality, cost and delivery for assigned commodities.
- Generates value, productivity, and achieve financial commitments through the execution of effective strategies in the supply chain.
- Manages and negotiates supply agreements in support of overall supply management goals and objectives.
- Responsible for new product introduction activities, including but not limited to, request for quote, materials readiness, and supply chain integrity.
- Responsible for supplier selection on a commodity/category basis and work with business unit category managers, factory buyers and purchasing managers to implement these sourcing decisions.
- Support global CCS overall cost reduction objectives by acting as CCS cost reduction lead by leading specific projects to reduce costs and implement cost reduction strategy.| Education
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Engineering or related field with 10 years experience.
Prefer Masters Degree or MBA with 7 years experience.| Experience
Understanding of corporate and global business environments.
Professional presence and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations and data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
Ability to exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Preferable Technical understanding of emerging Digital/ Telematics/ IoT
Understanding software and hardware, and associated business models
Ability to excel in a dynamic environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.