Cloud ArchitectBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01287263 Date posted 01/16/2019 City Palm Beach Gardens State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAF77: CCS - CIB 13995 Pasteur Blvd , Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33418 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Cloud Architect reports directly to CCS Dx Lead and is a critical member of the Digital Leadership Team. This position will set the application and supporting infrastructure direction of the organization in support of current and future business models, strategies, and processes. The ideal candidate will design information systems to support enterprise infrastructure and “cloud” services, including high availability, disaster recovery, and efficient use of resources. Additionally, interface with project teams to analyze system requirements and ensure that systems and services offer security and integrate effectively with current applications. He/she will creatively solve architectural and infrastructure problems, with an eye toward simplicity, adherence to core principles, costs, and advancement of long-term strategy.
1. Lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture program/function (if managing and appointed as chief enterprise architect).
2. Promote the business value of the EA program/function and its process, and the results of the EA program to business and IT leaders/executives.
3. Understand the business's economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation, so as to effectively support and guide technology investment decisions.
4. Design and construct future- and current-state business models so as to practically apply new and emerging technologies to drive them.
5. Detail potential competitive threats from digital enterprises that are generally considered outside of your traditional realm of competition.
6. Demonstrate the business value of EA as an enabler of strategy formulation, and as support for technology innovation, which drives the organization's top and bottom lines.
7. Formulate, translate, advocate, support and execute business strategy to achieve the organization's targeted business outcomes.
8. Construct technology-enabled operating models, and provide viable options and visibility into execution issues.
9. Research and Understand Technology and Nontechnology Trends
10. Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the enterprise's business strategy, direction and architecture.
1. Master's or Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
2. Seven or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
3. Five or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis
• Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
• Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
• Organizationally savvy, and understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics
• Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
• Ability to translate business needs into EA requirements
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives
• Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
• Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Ready to think, behave and act in an innovative consulting manner to drive the organization's digital business strategies
• Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
• Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
• Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Strong leadership, analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
• Knowledge of business engineering principles and processes
• Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
• Trusted and respected as a thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders
• Comfortable, experienced and accomplished at working with business executives, and able to push back in a professional and diplomatic way
• Highly collaborative and supportive of business and of its ideals and strategies
• Practical in approach to decision making and problem solving that is principle-based
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.