Senior Systems Engineer - Visual Mission SimulationBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15725 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Orlando State Florida Country United States
Requisition ID: 15725
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Utilize an interdisciplinary approach focusing on customer needs and requirements to design, develop, document and test hardware and/or software systems ranging from the straightforward to extremely complex. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision. Collins Aerospace is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer to work with a team of system and software developers primarily located in East Orlando Research Park, in the development of visual simulation and training solutions. Development takes place in a collaborative teamwork environment and often includes team members from diverse geographic and cultural backgrounds. Customers are both foreign and domestic and include all branches of the armed services and commercial airlines.
- Significant domain knowledge and knowledge of associated products, systems and applicable regulatory requirements in assigned area in Simulation and Training . May be considered a specialist in a specific systems area or a generalist in multiple systems areas and recognized in their organization. Provide inputs to technical & product roadmaps.
- Capture, analyze, decompose, model and create requirements for systems, product or sub-systems of moderate to high complexity. Conduct verification/validation testing for products and subsystems of moderate to high complexity and contribute to system integration.
- Develop functional, interface and performance specifications for hardware and software implementation. Contribute to architecturally significant requirements and technical risk area identification.
- May lead cross-functional or domain teams as a Project Engineer, or lead a systems engineering team on a small program, or lead systems verification testing for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
- Estimate, track, own and report project technical, cost and schedule aspects for assigned scope of work.
- Decisions may have moderate impact on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Understand and utilize internal processes, methods and tools for systems development and documentation efforts. Review defect trends and recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in technical development processes
- Serve in a design quality role (systems) helping to assure that development teams are following appropriate processes.
- Act as a mentor to more-junior engineers in additional areas including project planning and execution.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- The selected candidate will perform System / Software developing tasks following a technical consistent process including: Subsystem-Specific Requirements Development, Systems Design, Software Development, Subsystem Test, Validation, and Verification of real-time software products. Candidate will perform assignments in conjunction with other software and system engineers as part of a system/software development . System Engineering development over the complete lifecycle or just a particular phase of a project includes but not limited too, Requirement Analysis, Design and Development , Test and validation , Logistics and reliability.
- A forward looking vision is sought in the simulation of visual systems. Knowledge of current display , image generation and 3D modelling technology is desired. Customer focus, with a deep understanding of interpreting requirements to develop solutions to meet customer expectation, not only for compliance, but to expectation, quality and satisfaction with Collins Aerospace.
- Agile development process knowledge specifically as a system engineering team lead or System Architect.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.