Quality Control Supervisor - NightBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 41964 Date posted 08/13/2019 City Oakville State Ontario Country Canada
Reporting to the Manager, Quality, as the Supervisor, Quality Control, you will be responsible for ensuring that all work performed by inspectors is performed in a manner compliant with approved technical data, QMS requirements and company policies and procedures. This is a night shift position: Mon to Fri 11pm to 7am.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Quality Control in the Machine Shop, Surface Finishing and/or Assembly
- Track and ensure First Article Inspection (FAI) of Landing Gear parts are completed as per AS9102
- Responsible for the inspection activities & acceptance of detail parts and assemblies
- Follow UTAS quality procedures and specific instructions
- Evaluate products & processes for acceptance criteria, initiate Corrective Actions where required to remove ( or mitigate) root causes
- Work with the team to drive continuous improvement through driver measures, open, team dialogue and bias for action: provide active leadership in ACE activities
- Coach & mentor to improve employee performance & engagement
- Resolve worker concerns by listening, analyzing & taking action
- Act pro-actively to ensure safe work environment through formal audits & continuous contact with shop floor QC work areas
- Perform on time & effective performance reviews in an open & honest fashion; drive Company Policy Deployment
- Coordinate overtime, vacation schedules & necessary coverage
- Confer with other departments to achieve on time delivery & operations commitments and assign inspectors as necessary
- Ensure QC technicians have clear expectations, focus & sufficient resources to complete assigned tasks and direct 5S/FOD workplace organization
- Establish and execute training criteria for the team
- Organize and allocate inspectors for timely completion of tasks (i.e. OSV audits and QCPC)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in quality control from a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace
- Thorough understanding of GD&T, assembly/inspection methods, and FAI process
- Excellent working knowledge of MSA, Gauge R&R, hydraulic and mechanical calibration.
- Strong Lean deployment, continuous improvement and standard work methodologies are required (ASQ certification preferred)
- Ability to understand ZDP, MPR, UPPAP and error-proofing methods
- Excellent people management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation, training, technical writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills / aptitude with good analytical / SPC and interpretative skills.
- Strong ability to interpret technical and regulatory data accurately
- Must be motivated and possesses good negotiation skills
- UTAS Core Foundation Competencies including People, Ideas, Integrity and Performance
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CGD
- Willing to work overtime and support weekend activities as required
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.