Machine Shop Technician - Boring Mill (FOGS) - Weekend NightsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 42246 Date posted 10/10/2019 City Oakville State Ontario Country Canada
Reporting to the Weekend Night Shift Shop Supervisor, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing on the FOG1/FOG2 machines. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required.
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and performing Operator Self-Verification (OSV).
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets(PDS) as required.
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' Boring Mill machining experience
- Certificate of Qualifications (C of Q) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to reposition components by respecting all minimum wall conditions to meet drawing requirements after final machining operations is performed.
- Ability to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
- Must be willing to work the weekend night shift Friday to Sunday (6pm to 6am)
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.